Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Diary of an 8 year old flyer


I'm sure if you encourage children to talk about and describe things they have done and places they have been that it helps to instill memories. On one of our trips to England to visit all my family I suggested my sons keep a diary. It was hard work - for me and for them but well worth it.


This account of our experience at the airport is a cracker.

(click on the image to enlarge)

He must have asked me why they were looking inside our bags.

I have replied saying they are looking for 'guns'. But that's not what he heard, obviously!

I just love the way he has written around his thumb where he is holding the book.

1 comment:

Vita said...

Well, you are right. This was a hoot. I love that stuff where learning writers spell things the way they hear them. How wonderful of him and you and his brother to keep journals.